Originally from the Boston area, Wendy is deeply committed to the idea that green space and nourishing food help move people into a healthier physical and mental space while simultaneously strengthening our communities.
During her time working with City Growers, an upstart organization in Dorchester, MA, and gardening at Clark Cooper Community Gardens in Mattapan, MA, she witnessed this firsthand. City Growers’ mission is to reclaim land in the Boston area for growing while employing and empowering members of the neighborhood and providing them with access to fresh, healthy food. Working closely with them, she helped launch the City Growers’ website and aided in its outreach effort, including its online/social media presence.
As an herbalist and health coach, gardening fuels Wendy, but she’s equally passionate about creating content. As a 20-year publishing veteran, she has held editorial roles at magazines, websites, and book publishers. For both of her former online businesses, Sprouted Content and Green Dot Garden, she was able to express her creativity while helping spread the message of living holistically.
Her trainings include:
• 600-hour Herbal Apprenticeship, Berkeley Herbal Center, Berkeley, CA
• Permaculture Design Training, Urban Permaculture Institute SF, Oakland, CA
• UC Berkeley Advanced Media Institute / Digital Media Skills Certificate
• Herbal Apprenticeship, Kathi Keville, Grass Valley, CA
• Herbal Apprenticeship, Goldthread Herb Farm, Conway, MA
• Herbal Apprenticeship, Farmacy Herbs, Providence, RI
• Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York, NY / Certified Holistic Health Coach
• Nutrient-Dense Crop Production Course / Bionutrient Food Association
• Master Urban Gardener Course, Boston Natural Areas Network
• Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY / S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications B.S., Magazine Journalism
You can reach Wendy at email@example.com