Advanced Drip Irrigation Course
This course will cover the basic and advanced drip irrigation design and practices. We have pulled together the best in the industry to share these water conservation systems with you. See below for more details about what will be covered in the program.
Professional Ecological Design Intensive
- Natural systems thinking and Permaculture principles for use in design.
- Reading and understanding landscape and ecological patterns.
- Site assessment best practices for gathering information about the landscape prior to design.
Advanced Food Forest Design and Installation
- The ecological principles and patterns behind the food forest systems.
- Carbon Sequestering in Agro-Ecological Settings
- Food forest design best practices including tours of establish food forest sites.
- The appropriate plant communities and planting plan approaches to a food forest.
- Nutrient cycling in the garden
- Water harvesting in the food forest
- Irrigating edible forest gardens
- During this course participants will install a mini food forest together.
- Plant and Tree propagation
Advanced Permaculture Earthworks
- Reading the landscape to understand topography, terraforming potential, and assessment of movable material.
- Use of survey equipment, including laser level, frame level, Bunyip level, GPS tracking, and an understanding of elevational changes during a grading project.
- Reading soil structure, in-field soil tests, understanding social structure and their differences, understanding the implications of soil type in earthwork projects.
- Practical understanding of heavy machinery during an earthworks installation. How to avoid large scale errors and negative ecological impacts during the staging and use of equipment. Best operational practices for maintaining healthy soil structure, efficient use of time and energy, and tricks to get the project done.
- The use of earthworks in Permaculture, Regenerative Agriculture, ecological homesteading and more. Best types of earthworks for these kinds of projects and how to decide to choose a tactic or how to know when doing nothing is the best plan of action!
- Safety requirements, codes and compliance, tractor buying, leasing, and renting and much more.
- During this course, we will layout and install a variety of small scale Permaculture earthworks in a safe environment.