THE ECO-LANDSCAPE MASTERY SCHOOL
with Erik Ohlsen and Special Guests
The Step by Step Program to start and grow your ecological design business. An online school and coaching program designed to fully equip and support you as a professional ecological designer, practitioner, and consultant.
“I see the curriculum as a brilliant base map, a starting point from which to develop the business and avoid neglecting some key components. Really looking forward to starting to implement more of the action steps. Thank you ELM Team!!!”Benjamin Bungartz, 2018
Payment Plans and Coaching Packages Available.
Who This School is For:
Anyone who wants to start a business in ecological landscape design and contracting.
Beginning landscape designers who want to learn best practices and quickly grow a successful landscape design business.
Experienced designers, landscapers, and contractors ready to grow their business to the next level through having professional mentorship and business development support.
Landscape and maintenance workers who want to grow out of manual labor and into higher paid positions or start and run their own companies.
Permaculture practitioners and designers who want to professionalize their work.
Consultants who want to establish a successful and professional consultation business.
Regenerative agriculturists who want to educate and mentor their clients, neighbors and communities to help them grow and develop successful regenerative agriculture projects.
Newly Certified Permaculture Designers who want to add to their learning experience with professional tools to create a permaculture based business of their own.
Ecological design educators who want to support their students and colleague’s interests in providing ecological design professionally to the world.
“If you wish to make an impact in the world, a permaculture-minded business is a proven way to do just that. Save yourself the frustration, time and high risk of failure that come with trying to learn it all yourself, and make use of the wisdom others have gained. [ELM] has equipped me with valuable tools, and planted thought-provoking seeds in my mind that will literally bear fruit into the future.”Austin Unruh, 2018
Here’s What’s Included in the School:
Video Training Modules:
15+ core modules to learn the step-by-step workflow for professional consulting, designing, and project management of ecologic landscaping. Once the course launches, you will have instant and lifetime access to every module. ($3500 value)
1. Step by Step Site Assessment Process-including supporting resources and templates
2. Portfolio and Credibility Plan- so you can inspire new clients, educate your community, and grow an engaged network.
7. Client Management- best practices for communicating with and supporting your clients, creating lasting relationships, and managing a smooth project. Also, how to identify clients you need to walk (or run) away from before you’re in too deep!
8. Presentation Training- all you need to know to give powerful, engaging, educational, and sales converting presentations.
9. Landscape Fertility Plans- how to assess, test, and create a soil fertility plan for each specific project.
10. Landscape Irrigation Plan- making sure you have everything you need to know to create efficient and water saving irrigation plans and systems.
11. Water Harvesting and Management- best practices for assessing and planning appropriate water management and harvesting strategies specific to each project.
12. Planting Strategies- how to choose the RIGHT planting palette for each specific project and function and how to present them to your clients. Edible landscapes, native gardens, drought tolerant and so on are all covered.
13. Project Management- the glue that keeps a project running smoothly. Avoid costly and stressful mistakes by learning the best project management tools and processes.
14. Running a Landscape Company-answers to all those pesky questions about hiring employees, insurance, equipment, business loans, licensing, scaling your business and more.
15. Regenerative Landscape Strategies- why ecological and regenerative landscaping is the biggest trend of the industry. How to design truly regenerative landscapes, farms and restoration projects. What you need to include and what you need to avoid.
16. And much more!
3. Permaculture and Ecological Design Principles- and their practical use in the design and development of your business, projects, and campaigns.
4. Consultation Strategy and Implementation- everything you need to know and avoid, to be an effective and professional ecological design consultant.
5. Base Map Strategy and Creation-why, when, and how to make sure you have the right base map for your project and easy steps to creating your own.
6. Design Process- All you need to know about creating an ecological design, design plans sets, graphics, and more.
Mastermind Community with Live Mentorship
One-Year free access to a subscription-based private Facebook community, with high-level coaching, monthly live Q&A’s, live expert hangouts, speed mentoring, professional coaching. This is an active and collaborative environment to support you through all of your business and project milestones. ($600 value, $50 per month subscription renewal after one year)
“I love how calmly and concisely [Erik] presents the material. I knew the material would be great but the biggest gamble as I invested in the course was whether the presentation would be engaging or a bore. And I am pleasantly surprised that it’s an engaging course and the audio/visuals are great.”Thomas Edison, 2018
Dozens of downloadable templates for consulting, designing, and assessing landscapes. Including, plant list databases, project management systems, tracking systems, client intake, workflows and more to grow and maintain your business.
Our custom built estimation worksheets, templates, and project tracking integration. With these systems you are ready to start estimating your projects and tracking your budget right away. ($2000 value)
Live expert and recorded hang outs every month with world leading ecological designers, Landscape contractors, Regenerative Agriculturists. Permaculture Experts and more.
Student showcases, every month students will get showcased on the expert hangouts to share successes, failures, promote their work and build their networks and support systems.
Discounted access to our professional one on one coaching program. Sign up for the mastery level version of this course to receive six one on one coaching calls with one of our professional mentors. Mastery level students will receive 10% off the standalone coaching package if they purchase the master level program. ($250 value)
A Message From the Coaching Team
Cost and Payment Plans:
The Eco-Landscape Mastery School is Valued at $6000+ for the whole program (excluding coaching packages).
Pro Level Eco-Landscape Mastery School: $997 USD for one time payment OR six payments of $217.00 each month for six months. A one-time purchase provides a savings of $305.00.
Master Level Eco-Landscape Mastery School: $1,957 USD for one time payment OR six payments of $390.00 each month for six months. A one-time purchase provides a savings of $383.00.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the differences between the Master and Pro level options?
A: There is only one! When you sign up for the Master level, you will receive 6 coaching calls from our partners at LIFT Economy. We can’t recommend these enough! We use LIFT for our own business as well.
Q: If I receive a scholarship can I still use the payment plan?
A: Yes, absolutely. We have designed the payment plans to assist ALL students in reaching their goals. Please let us know if you’d like to set this up and we will get the ball rolling for you.
Q: I’m on the edge. I feel like I have a pretty solid foundation in some of this material. How do I know I’ll gain anything from the ELM School?
A: Many students have asked this question. Luckily we have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you delve into the curriculum and realize its not for you, no hard feelings. We gladly honor our 30 day policy because we want to make sure our students are getting what they need.
Q: I’m unsure what my schedule is going to look like over the next couple of months. If I sign up now, will I be missing any super important content?
A: This course is designed for you to work through the curriculum at your own pace. So we’ve made sure to record and make available any scheduled events. Although we’d love to have all student engaged all of the time, we totally understand! We have busy schedules too.
Q: I have a very busy schedule and cannot always attend the live webinars. I would hate to miss out on all of this content for the ELM School!
A: Not to worry. ALL of our webinars are recorded and posted on the class page! Every.single.one. In fact, if you sign up, you’ll gain access to every webinar we’ve ever held from the start of the ELM School!
Hear From Past Students!
The Eco-Landscape Mastery School is the online version of the groundbreaking vocational training called The Ecological Landscape Immersion, ELI. Hear what students from past ELI programs have said about the curriculum and where they are today.
“I decided to join the ELI program because I wanted my daily bread to be earned while making the world a better place. The program's focus on marketable skills and practical application was a huge draw. My expectations were blown out of the water!”
“As a whole, the program really dives into the depths of things you wouldn’t necessarily think of when starting your own business and it points you in the right direction; instead of making those mistakes you’re already aware of them. It was more than just the faculty that came to the table. Each student brought so much. Someone might know plants really well and someone is coming from a farm, or homesteading; everyone brought something. And a lot of these fellow students will be friends of mine and collaborators for the rest of my life.”
“My level of confidence has soared. I am eager to get out into the world and keep doing this work!”
What I loved about the ELI program was how diverse it was with the curriculum as far as materials they were teaching! I appreciated how in-depth they got into the subjects and how the teachers were our mentors and guides, step by step! Nothing was rushed! We had time to sink our presence to what we were learning. It was 9 months. That's a lot of time to get to know materials. When I finished the course, it gave me direction in where I wanted to take all this knowledge and how we need to share it and start doing the work!
"My ELI Capstone project—a carbon farming plan for a small fiber farm—made me realize that this was the thing I could imagine dedicating the rest of my life to: promoting carbon farming, or regenerative agriculture—that is, farming practices that mitigate, and may even help to reverse, climate change. My innate strengths are in teaching, design, communication, and organizing, so my role within this newly emerging field of carbon farming was going to be one that draws on those strengths."
"The course has brought clarity and support to what was previously a disconnected, blurry vision. The think tank aspect of ELI specializes in transforming concepts into reality."